sunnuntai 24. elokuuta 2014

Painting progress and games

Life on the wargaming front has been slightly quiet in the last few weeks with real life getting in the way in the form of work and the starting of this years hunting season. Not much painting going on and I only managed to get in one Bolt Action game in the last few weeks.

I did manage to finish up my 105mm Artillery Battery for Flames of War. The staff teams still need maps on the tables, but that will have to wait until I find some good decals as I'm not going to try to lose my sanity trying to paint a tiny map of Normandy :)

I also got a game of Bolt Action in this week with a 2 vs. 2 game pitting my Red Devils with regular British infantry versus German Fallschirmjäger and Heer. Close game that we ended up calling a tie in the end. We had a pretty good showing of players with 7 guys alltogether playing Bolt Action. It's slowly starting to gain popularity with the people and many have bought figures to start playing.


At the moment my painting queue is embarrassingly long with countless projects that have progressed forwards a bit. It seems really hard to find enough motivation to get through something. Today I picked up a resin viking age church from Gripping Beast and quickly painted it up. It still needs paint on the doors, but otherwise it's done. Two base colours and a few drybrush layers was nice to do for a change and actually getting something done fast should hopefully get my motivation up again :)

I also decided to do a practice model with my newish Harder & Steenbeck airbrush. I'd bought up a 40k starter set Hellbrute a while back just for that and decided to put it together and paint it as a Khorne follower using the airbrush as much as I can. The armour and skin are now all done and I need to paint up details with a brush before I can fade them together with the airbrush in the end. The face area looks a bit funky as I needed to prepaint the face and the teeth surrounding it and then cover it with bluetac to protect it from paint. Those dark contrasts shouldn't be visible in the end as there is a piece coming on top of all that which leaves just the face visible.




8 kommenttia:

  1. Great work for a quiet period, well done!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Nice work. It's hard sometimes to get back into painting after not achieving much for a while. The table for your BA game looks great :-)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks Paul! The table did turn out to be a bit too small and crowded though as it just ended up as a shooting much without much room for manouver.

      Poista
  3. Some wonderful projects to get you back into the swing of things.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks Michael! Hopefully I'll get the painting mojo back with these. Though next week seems to deliver another break as I have to travel again.

      Poista
  4. Wonderful work on the Arty! Your basing looks top notch.

    VastaaPoista