A week or so back I finally finished building up my Secret Santa gift of a Universal Carrier and conversion bits to turn it into a German looted PaK36 carrier. I had originally planned to do rivets with plastic rod, but I was unable to find any of the right size at my local stores. So I finally I abandoned that and went with Tamiya Plastic Putty drops that were shaped into something that remotely looked like rivets or bolts. Finally some additional gear from my various German left over sprues. I've now finished most of the basic paintjob. Still some stowage to finish before applying a gloss coat and starting the fun part that is weathering and muddying the tiny vehicle.
As is usual with my hobby workflow I'm unable to just stick to one project. The 15mm German project is going forward as well with 4 Anti-air halftracks based and the first paint layers and drybrushes applied. I've also started on 2 objective markers for the army. And finally there's a Sarissa Chateau that will be needed for my clubs Bolt Action game day where I'm hosting a Commando inspired scenario. I've also got a squad of Wehrmacht soldiers standing guard and some Feldgendarmerie lined up and waiting for a basecoat.
The Chateau is mostly finished and now I'm just adding extra detail in the form of Warbases roof tiles. Half of the roof is done, but still left to do is the most time consuming side with 3 windows that will require quite a bit of cutting and trying to match up all the rows of roof tiling. Extremely time consuming, but it really makes the building look much more realistic compared to the totally 2D roof tiles on the normal MDF roof.
Looking good. Those roof tiles look like hard work, but they'll be worth the effort!VastaaPoista
Nice, very nice!VastaaPoista
Thank you Phil!Poista
Great little tank and building. The roof tiles are definitely worth the extra effortVastaaPoista
Thanks Paul! They really are. The only downside is that now I'm starting to think that adding texture to the walls is a good idea also... :)Poista
I think the roof tiling will be worth the extra effort, even if time consuming. I have the same building (still unpainted) and I see you made the same mistake I made... you glued the shutter / window pieces to the second floor. In retrospect I think it would be easier to paint the building and then add them. :-/VastaaPoista
Thanks Burkhard! I was thinking about leaving the shutters off as well. In the end I figured it won't make it much harder and now I can apply a thin coat of PVA over all the model to really fix things in place. I've found those cardboard shutters quite delicate and the PVA coating really helps with that.Poista