Pages

keskiviikko 30. huhtikuuta 2014

More Red Devils

Just managed to finish off most of the remaining WIP minis on the desk before the end of April. Still far from my goal, but at least now I've got most of the special weapons and command done. I also bought two more boxes of of these guys as they were 60% off at a local store. So at least I have enough figures to take these to full strenght and beyond for Chain of Command. And I've still got one rifle team that has been trying to make it's way from England to Finland since the beginning of February.

All in all 29 Red Devils and 55 101st painted so quite a good effort considering that I've been away from home for over a quarter of the month on holidays.


The first two minis are a medic and an officer from Warlord games.



These 5 guys are from Artizan designs. Excellent sculpts with a lot of character. The faces are maybe a bit cartoonish with very strong jaws. A few casualty figures and paras with German equipment to add a bit of variety to squads. The two officer figures are also brilliant, with the umbrella toting officer really living up to the cliche look of an English officer.


The rest are from Warlord again. Sniper, Flamethrower and 3 inch mortar teams.





I also had a few minis that I just didn't have time to finish. Hopefully getting them done during the weekend. The two recon jeeps still need stowage and weathering and the AOP needs identification stripes and windows done as well as some minor weathering.


10 kommenttia:

  1. Fine brush work, and like the Denison too! I always thought that it was Lovatt who used to have umbrella. And he was commando!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. With the british army being quite lenient towards officers and their personal equipment I wouldn't be surprised that there were quite a few officers carrying umbrellas.

      I think the role model for the umbrella toting officer is Major Digby Tatham-Warter who was famous for carrying it around in Arnhem. Lord Lovat on the other hand had a habit of carrying a sword and having his piper around at all times. Apparently he also got the only confirmed kill with a bow in the whole war.

      Poista
    2. You are right, I got mixed! Lovatt had bigpipes at hand, all times. Very excentric indeed.

      Poista
  2. Same here, like the denison. Impressive basing as well.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Very nice again. Unfortunately mine are on a backburner right at the moment

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks! Mine are probably going to be in the background too, at least until I can finish off enough modern minis :)

      Poista
  4. You've done a nice job with these. The brushwork is excellent and I like the way you based them. The red bricks are a nice touch of colour.

    VastaaPoista
  5. Beautiful work on these figures, really nice! I play British Airborne in FoW, will be interested to see how they play in Chain of Command. Cheers, Paul.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks Paul! Chain of Command might wait for a while. I have the ruleset, but Bolt Action seems to be becoming the main ruleset at the club thanks to fast playtime and simple rules.

      Poista