My previous bases had somehow gotten "flat" after drying for a few weeks ending up with them looking quite weird. I decided to try using PVA glue as the base for the snow flock instead of Noch's snow paste. Didn't work out that well either. In the photos it looks good as I took them nearly immediately after finishing the minis. However now that they've dried the bases have turned light grey for some weird reason. I don't know if it's because of the PVA glue affecting the flock or if something else is causing it. Anyways now I still have to find a way to do snow that works well and rebase most of the 43 Finns I've painted up until now. Not something I'm really looking forward to doing...
The NCO mini with the scarf was a new pose and actually a pretty nice one. The one on the right was new too, but needed quite a lot of green stuff to fix his arm as it comes separate. In addition to that I had two of these and the other one was missing quite a bit of material from his leg and the rifle due to some casting mishap.
Very nice work also! You realy made the best out of these figures.VastaaPoista
Rebasing is never fun but as least it is rewarding as it is usually an improvement. I feel your paint regards snow. My last bonus round effort nearly did my head in.VastaaPoista
True. Getting it right seems to be pretty darn hard. I guess I have to do some test bases now before I do anything drastic :)Poista
So cold and so great!! I never realized snowy bases, but it seems to me that this work is really good!VastaaPoista
Thank you Phil! Snowy bases really are bloody somehow bloody tough to get right. At least for mePoista