perjantai 17. tammikuuta 2014

It's all messed up!

Some more progress on the Shermans. All decaled up and with the first layers of weathering done. I went with quite heavy weathering as the green paintjob can look a bit boring and I wanted to bring some color to the minis. Paint chips done with a sponge and some german grey paint and finally a bit of mahogany added on the areas with most chipping to show some rust. After that I went in with two oil washes, black and dark brown to highlight all the nooks and crannies and to make them look dirty. After few hours of drying time I wiped most of the oils away from all raised surfaces. I still need to paint in some dirt and rust streaks and add mud to the tracks and lower hull.

Had a minor mishap too as I was maybe a bit too vigorous when wiping away the oil wash with cotton buds as I managed to remove all the paint in one tanks tracks. Luckily it only took a few minutes to fix so not a big problem.



I've also gotten started on the last part of my Norse Gaels with all of them based and basecoated and all metal parts painted. These guys are all carrying a shield so I can try out the Battle-Flag shield decals I got.

I'm a bit anxious about the next fortnight challenge as I ordered Warlords skiing Finns to be my "Hero" characters. I wanted to have them present Kaukopartio troops where my grandfather served during the Continuation War. No confirmation of shipping or anything yet, so I'm slightly anxious about it arriving on time. Well fingers crossed. At least I have the mini I originally planned to paint for this theme so if all goes south I have a back-up plan.

4 kommenttia: