Pages

maanantai 30. kesäkuuta 2014

Perry Brothers quitting GW

Well the rumours that have been circulating the net for a few days now seem to have been confirmed by the brothers themselves on their facebook page. After 36 years of sculpting for Games Workshop the brothers have decided to quit and focus solely on their own company from now on. Good news for all of us historical gamers, but sad news for anyone playing GW games or collecting those miniatures.

The Bros have really made a long career at GW and as far as I know they were the sculptors who had been working there for the longest time. They've been responsible for many amazing sculpts that have come out of there and I'd reckon that they've had quite an influence on the GW style over the years. It's bit of a shame that they are quitting now as I've loved a lot of the stuff they did there, but then again if this means more sculpts for their Napoleonic ranges etc. I guess I'll still stay on the winning side :)

Time will show what will come out of this, but I'm optimistic and can't wait to see what they start pumping out now that they focus full time on just historicals!

4 kommenttia:

  1. Definitely my favorite mini sculptors and certainly good news on the historical front. My head would explode if they would start work on a Seven Years War range or even a Franco-Prussian War one. Either way, I'm excited what the impact could be. :-)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I'm definately hoping they won't go that way. It would just grow my unpainted lead pile far too much :D Especially the Franco-Prussian War would be most unwelcome

      Poista
  2. They have certainly done Stirling service over the years... I wonder if this is the death knell for the future of the LOTR/Hobbit range, where they have done superb work...

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I hope not as it is a very nice ranges. Definately the GW range where the Perry touch can be seen most clearly.

      Poista