Pages

maanantai 10. helmikuuta 2014

Challenge progress and speed painted Greeks

I got the Ottoman's finished on the weekend and now waiting for them to go up on Curt's blog. Meanwhile I decided to do a check-up on my progress and I'm actually keeping quite well to the schedule to reach my target of 1200 points. I was a bit nervous about reaching the goal, but taking part in the Fortnight challenges helps thanks to the extra points :) Painting the rest of the Winter War Finns should help also as they are quite fast to do.


I also finally continued my Greek project by finishing minis that I had started last August. They had seriously gotten sidetracked by pretty much everything else so now that we have a Hail Caesar game coming up on Wednesday I promised to finish them up for that. Previously I had gotten the cloth and skin areas painted along with the shields. So after some frenzied painting and decaling on sunday I now have 30 more or less finished Hoplites to join their already finished brethren.They are still lacking Army Painter shade, but that's a quick job after the main painting rush. Painting all the leather, wood, hair and metal onto 30 guys at one go was a bit harsh, but I guess I've never gotten anything finished this fast. Shows in the quality as these are probably some of the worst I've painted since I got back into the hobby, but still good enough for gaming. But I guess I should put a bit less effort onto some of the mass armies anyways.

On the background the Yanks have gotten the first few layers of colour. Uniforms and skin are done and next up are all the horses and the equipment for the soldiers.



6 kommenttia:

  1. Looking good and going great guns Samuli!!!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Looking good so far mate. Well on target for your total too!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks! You ain't doing too bad yourself either!

      Poista
  3. Perfectionism vs speed is always going to be a tough trade-off.

    Though I have to say that these hoplites look just fine. Once you've inked and based them, they'll be able to hold their heads high on any wargames table. I say well done!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Yeah it's a difficult line to tread. I've been edging a bit too much toward the perfectionism side of things lately and painting speed has decreased. In that way the 6mm ACW and now these greeks have been a welcome change. Messed up painting can always be hidden in the ranks :)

      Poista