Pages

lauantai 12. heinäkuuta 2014

Cats on the prowl

I'm back from Germany and back at the paint desk again! Not too much free time due to work there, but at least I got to see Die Mannschaft crushing Brazil with huge crowds of Germans in the streets of Stuttgart. If we Finns get crazy when we win in ice hockey, it's still nothing compared to the stuff that goes on in Germany. I already got to see a glimpse of it during the last Euro Championships when I was living in Germany, but the world cup seems to have gotten them up to another level of crazyness!

Anyway off to the painting then! I've finally received the missing 105 artillery pieces for my Flames of War airborne. These took ages to arrive as I had ordered them on February. I received two back then and only got the last four last week. The bases still need some sandbags etc. but other than that they are ready for paint. I'm still missing the staff teams, but I'll just proxy those with something else in the meantime.

Caliver Books was running a Flames of War offer in May with boxes of Hellcats going quite cheap so I jumped on it and ordered two to allow me to run them instead of British armored support. Even after being nerfed in the FAQs they are still quite powerful and I'd been planning to add them at some point anyway. The Hellcat being one of my favorite tanks of WW2 also helps. :) I put them all together today and applied the basecoat of Brown Violet. Next up highlights and painting all the details on the tank. I'm trying to get most of them done by next week so I can try them out on the battlefield.


4 kommenttia:

  1. That's a nice looking bunch of tanks. I hope you can get them done in time!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks Anne! Hopefully I'll get them done :) Only decals and weathering left now

      Poista
  2. Yes we Germans can be a little ecstatic sometimes also ;-)
    I'm definitely looking forward to you finishing this stuff.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. It's good that Germans can be publicly proud of their nation (at least during football championships) nowadays :) And congratulations on the win! They really pulled together a darn great tournament to finally win the championship again.

      Poista