Pages

perjantai 5. joulukuuta 2014

The Challenge Begins

And the race is on! 5th of December marks the date of the 73 year anniversary of Great Britain declaring war on Finland in 1941, but also the date when the 5th Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge begins! Between now and the 20th of March 72 painters are battling for domination and the bragging rights that come with all the side challenges etc. I'm going for 1000 points this year and trying to focus more on finishing some projects rather than participating in all fortnight challenges.

A bit slower start now that I only had about an hour for painting this evening with some more time tomorrow. I'm trying to be clever with an early submission of some Flames of War vehicles in a bid to take the first place for at least a single time during the challenge :) A quick coat of grey and a light highlight with my airbrush has them ready for decals and painting of details before a finishing wash that I'll hopefully manage tomorrow morning. While I had my airbrush out I also painted the basic colours on 8 Infinity miniatures from the Icestorm starter pack.

I also still have some Germans to finish that have been on the desk for ages. I'm trying get them done after the Flames of War stuff so I can concentrate on challenge minis for the rest of the 3 months :) I was planning to paint them during last weekend and this week, but unfortunately a massive hangover on the weekend and an unscheduled 4 day business trip got in the way of more important things.


10 kommenttia:

  1. Good luck for the challenge, looking forward to following your progress!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Gotta watch those massive hangovers, they eat into one's painting time. Best swear off booze until the Challenge is over. ;)
    Best of luck,
    M

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Cheers! Staying of booze might prove a bit tricky, but at least there won't be another pre-christmas party until next year :)

      Poista
  3. Best of luck! I'm looking forward to some goodness from your workbench in the coming months.

    VastaaPoista
  4. Holding first place for even 24 hours with this crew is a huge deal. Get 'em done and get 'em photographed!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Well they are up now :) Let's see how long they'll hold up in first place

      Poista