Pages

perjantai 30. tammikuuta 2015

Painting and tournament preparation

I'm back painting after a small hiatus due to the addition of a new furry member to our family. Jekku is a Novascotian duck tolling retriever who will hopefully someday become my hunting companion on duck and grouse hunts. It's still a long way off and currently he just concentrates on sleeping and mischief like most puppies do. At the moment his living up to his name which is prank or trick in finnish, but it's also the shortened slang name for the lovely German drink Jägermeister. Hopefully he'll transition to the latter when he grows older :) No big disasters yet, but he did already manage to open one cabinet where I kept prepped minis, luckily I got there in time to save the minis from a horrible death and the little dog from some epic stomach cramps.


I did finish the Middle Guard last week already, but forgot to post them to the challenge... So they will be coming out this Friday. In addition to them I actually have a second entry lined up in the form of a Flames of War objective marker! I'll be participating in a tournament this weekend and decided I don't want to use the plastic markers I have so I quickly painted up this marker to accompany the one I already finished earlier. At the moment the wash is drying, but when that is done it's time for a  varnish and some static grass to finish it off. I also started on some remaining Early War Germans with two AT gun platoons and an IG platoon. In preparation for the tournament I've also been fixing a few models that have taken some abuse from falling etc. Pretty darn annoying stuff as it's really hard to match the paint shade when covering up areas that have been glued back together.


I'm already slacking on my New Years plan of not buying more than I paint as we organized a group order to Perry Miniatures at my club. They arrived at my doorstep today in four boxes. Six and a half kilograms of lead and plastic. Quite a hefty order. But at least now I have everything I was still missing for my Waterloo project except for a few artillery pieces.




8 kommenttia:

  1. Jekku is very cute, and a great name too. A puppy certainly takes up a lot of time! Good to see all the "not buying lots of stuff" pledges are fading away already! Someone's got to stimulate the economy, may as well be us :-)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks Paul! At least I stuck to the no new projects pledge as my part of the order was mainly just cavalry for Waterloo :)

      Poista
  2. A lovely looking animal Samuli. Let's hope you don't get anything important chewed up! 6.5kg of lead? Now that's what I call an order!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Aye, 6,5kg was quite a hefty package :) I guess the Perry Bros are happy especially considering how much money they took from us :P

      Poista
  3. Jekku is gorgeous and that objective is pretty good too!
    Colour me jealous with that order!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks Paul! Too bad most of the order wasn't for me :) But at least there's enough stuff to keep me busy for a month or two.

      Poista
  4. Well dogs are always more important than painting!

    Lucky you that you got to him first when he opened that cabinet. I was not so lucky when Sami stole one of my minis when he had been with us for only about a month. We ended up at the vet who had to remove the bigger sharper parts with an endoscopy! But luckily, now some 15 months later he takes no big interest in these things anymore.

    Looking at how cute he is and how bright his eyes are... you should have plenty of fun with Jekku! Just keep him off the alcohol! ;-)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks Burkhard! Ouch that's quite a nasty trip with such a young puppy. Hopefully didn't get too traumatized by that :) I guess I'll keep the booze for myself. He's always gulping down everything at lightning speed so wouldn't have time to enjoy the taste anyway :)

      Poista