Pages

torstai 16. kesäkuuta 2016

Frostgrave monsters

After finishing my warband for Frostgrave I needed some random monsters to populate the tables. I bought quite a few random minis at Salute with this in mind and dug into my archives for old random purchases to paint up.


As Frostgrave usually only has a few monsters on table at a time and I was under some time constraints to get them finished for our game day these were mostly speed painted with drybrushing and washes. Luckily skeletons and furry creatures are easy to get decent looking that way.

The Skeletons are from Wargames Foundry from the Casting Room Miniatures range and present the two Skeleton characters pack. Lovely sculpts with some very imaginative poses. Unfortunately they are very fragile with only a millimeter thick spine and due to that one of the pack is missing as he snapped and I couldn't get it fixed yet.



The Bears are from Foundry as well and the succubi an older Reaper sculpt that I got as a freebie from Caliver books for buying some Frostgrave items from them.


And the final four are some of the more random miniatres that I had in my collections. These are Tom Meier's sculpts from his own company Thunderbolt Mountain Miniatures. He has a line of miniatures sculpted from the stories told by his young daughter. The missus wanted some of the ballerinas riding unicorns and carrying bombs so I figured I'd order some minis as well. 3 Bushwoolies and a flying sabre-toothed mole completed my order and finally after a few years in the cupboard I actually got them painted. Considering that I prepped them for the 2014 edition of Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge it's a bit embarrassing how long it took to get them painted. Especially as they only took a short time to get them all painted.


That's the first half of my monsters. I still have quite a few Heresy Miniatures and Reaper Bones left that have now been based and basecoated. Haven't managed to do any painting in the last two weeks though so not much progress after that. I'm leaving of for our summer cottage in the weekend and a hobby bag has been packed. We'll see what I find the motivation to paint there. Epic 40k, Flames of War, Napoleonics and Frostgrave stuff is all packed up. I'm just going to paint what ever strikes my fancy when I'm there, so it remains to be seen what's ready next :)

6 kommenttia:

  1. A lot of different and beautiful monsters, well done!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Well done Samuli! That winged mole is a real corker. Love it.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. It really is a nice character :) I do recommend Tom Meier's stuff. And those four are some of the most "normal" looking ones available. He's really got some weird stuff on sale

      Poista